[projectaon] Re: 18dotd errata questions

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:01:56 +0000

Jonathan Blake wrote:
I'm steadily working through the Dawn of the Dragons issues as I have
the time. There are couple that I would like some input on:

(er) 99: you may never -> you may not [jb: I'm can see where this is
coming from, but I don't think "never" is really wrong.]

Ugh! The 'never' in that sentence reads very badly to me: "You may never live..." is just horrible!" I vote to change it.

(er) 176: great Forest of Salony -> Great Forest of Salony [jb:
Everywhere else "great forest" is uncapitalized. Where "Forest of
Salony" is capitalized, it's our fault. Perhaps we should revert back
to "forest of Salony" and also change "Forest of Ruel" to "forest of
Ruel".]

Using an example from my own homeland, Forest of Sherwood is correct (not 'forest of Sherwood') AFAIK, so reverting 'Forest of ...' seems a bad idea to me. The 'great' could be part of the name of the vast area of woodland, or it might be "great" in the pejorative sense. I would err towards 'Great Forest ...', as that seems better to me, but I'm open to another opinion. ;-)