[project1dev] Re: just wondering ...

  • From: Hanaan <hanaan.fu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 19:46:13 -0600

so I just upgraded to mozilla 3 (was still using 2) and its pretty nice. Took some time to set it up and the email is actually looking somewhat better. They have these addons for bookmarking emails! So its kind of like email browser. Highly recommend for anyone else needing an email solution!

I think mozilla has phone apps too, not sure.
On 2/5/2010 5:06 PM, Nick Klotz wrote:
1.3 units?

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 5:54 PM, katie cook <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    yep she's got 2" on me, im 4'9" oh yeahhh

    --- On *Fri, 2/5/10, Kent Petersen /<kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx

        From: Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx>>

        Subject: [project1dev] Re: just wondering ...
        To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Date: Friday, February 5, 2010, 12:32 PM

        I have a friend who is 4'11 and her boyfriend was 6'8 =O

        On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Alan Wolfe
        <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx
        <http://us.mc361.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>>
        wrote:

            I've met shorter (true story!)

            On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 11:35 AM, katie cook
            <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx
            <http://us.mc361.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>>
            wrote:

                It might help, (and I am just saying this from
                personal experience in what has worked best for me so
                far), if for any art related questions to post
                directly to the person your looking to get into
                communication with.
                Mostly I decipher what I can fromt the emails, but
                usually I end up with questions on stuff. So with that
                I email:
                Alan on technical questions
                Eric for artistic direction/guidelines/critique
                Chris R for info on status and project deadlines/updates.
                That might help. I am pretty busy most of the time so
                its hard to keep up with the banter, but it makes for
                some humor along the way. And they are always really
                good about getting back to you promptly.
                Just one perspective from one very, VERY, short asian
                lady. =)

                --- On *Fri, 2/5/10, Hanaan /<hanaan.fu@xxxxxxxxx

<http://us.mc361.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=hanaan.fu@xxxxxxxxx>>/*

                    From: Hanaan <hanaan.fu@xxxxxxxxx

<http://us.mc361.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=hanaan.fu@xxxxxxxxx>>
                    To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<http://us.mc361.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    Date: Friday, February 5, 2010, 9:00 AM

                    Whatever works for the team really.  I just am
really in need of some centralized info centers. I lose a lot of details in these emails and they
                    are often hard to find, even using filters, tags,
                    etc.
                    If the forum is something we want to work with
                    then yes.  It would definitely at least centralize
                    information and filter the stuff not related to
                    each sections' tasks a bit more readable.  But I
                    have not run a project so really whatever works
                    best for the team.  I just wanted to suggest or
                    give feedback on maybe improving the way we
                    communicate on the next milestone because the
                    emails are a bit overwhelming and difficult to
                    keep up with the info.

                    Im sorry Im the slow one on the team.  Bear with
                    me and you guys can nickname me Goldfish.

                    figarus@xxxxxxxxx

<http://us.mc361.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
                    wrote:
                    > hey hanaan, i agree with your sentiment. i think
                    a way to resolve the problem may be to put the
                    weekly updates on the wiki or forum and I will
                    start posting the art task list like i did this
                    week in email on the wiki so you can just hop on
                    there to find out whats going on art wise and you
                    won't have to read through all the email dialogs
                    unless you want to. does that sound good? :)

                    wrote:
                    > > I was preparing to do some scaffold modeling
                    and got to thinking (for whatever odd reason)
                    ahead to the next phase of our milestones as Eric
                    described to me.  The email list is very handy for
                    keeping in touch but its kind of difficult to keep
                    up with the information since its coming from all
                    directions.  I know we have a forum but its bit
                    under used (might be we just dont have a use for
                    one right now, i cannot say).  do we use any other
                    project/development tools other than email?  Like
                    a trac system or some such?

                    > > or is it possible at least for me to set
                    preferences to get sort of a daily abridged
                    version of the discussion list?  Right now I get
                    home and theres like 20+ emails that Im struggling
                    to keep up with the information relevant to my
                    tasks.  i just need a way to get organized and
                    keep up with the project flow.

> > also i want to put out there a big thank you. I really like how we all work with each other. its the best project I have been part of and the
                    experience has been really exciting for me so far!

                    to demofox@xxxxxxxxxxx

<http://us.mc361.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=demofox@xxxxxxxxxxx>

                    http://pyotek.com/project1