[project1dev] Re: Minigames and multiplayer

  • From: katie cook <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:47:00 -0700 (PDT)

Good Call Guys! =)

--- On Wed, 9/2/09, eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [project1dev] Re: Minigames and multiplayer
To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 1:13 PM

yeah for sure - cool ideas, btw, alan :)

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah language obscenities :P

We could make it something you can turn off in the game settings, but im just
wondering, if we want our game to get out there and be played, we may wanna
make it kid friendly in this respect hehe

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM, katie cook <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am on board with all that.

What kind of language filtering are you refering to? Obscenities, or other?

#1 - When you go to the place in the world where the minigame is played, you
can play against AI's, or optionally, play against other humans (and AI's can
mix it up in there too perhaps).  To Join a game, you enter the game lobby
which is a chat room (maybe you have to set up a login before you can go in,
and your login is also used as your login for the game's website forums and
things), you find people to play against and play - this is basically like
yahoo games except you walk in the game world to where the game is played

#2 - Also, once you have played a mini game in the world, the game becomes
available from the main menu under a "minigames" section.  This is basically
just like yahoo games hehe

#3 - when in the world, you can maybe see some kind of high score / leader /
ladder boards for the games.  It gets this info from the game server, and these
stats are also shown on the website.

#4 - We should allow chat while playing the game, should we do language
filtering?

#5 - it would be neat if when the minigame showed your opponents, it showed
their actual 3d model too which should be pretty unique based on the equipment
they have etc (:

#6 - it would be neat if the website had a headshot or rendered image of the
person's character as their avatar for the forums / their personal profile

#7 - it would be neat if by doing things in the game world or doing things in
minigames against other people, players got awards and metals which were
viewable from the website under someone's personal profile.

#8 - a persons personal profile on the website could list their progress in the
game too maybe

What you guys think?