[project1dev] Re: Hey Gabriel

  • From: gabriel taylor <aidyn66@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:26:22 -0700

I have experience with both skeletal and sprite animation, as well as 2d stuff in aftereffects and etc, no problem. Though, my true love is modeling, I do enjoy sculpting forms and figuring out the best way to make a shape. :) SO, I'm available to work on anything. I'd love to help with the level construction and design, but I'm not sure where you want me/what's needed at the moment. I'm also more than willing to animate, of course. It's all good experience.

I do wonder, though - from what I've been able to glean from the website, so far all the modeling has been done is C4D, exported into 3ds format, and then pulled into the engine via another program. If I were to do my modeling/animating in Max, would that cause any problems? Also, what are the current requirements/capabilities of the engine, in terms of polygon count, bone support, and animating in the engine versus imported into the engine? What do I need to know to hop in without much of a learning curve, I suppose? :P

~gabriel

Alan Wolfe wrote:
Heya,
I was wondering... You do animation, is that skeletal animation or do you also do sprite animation or anything? (just curious!) And, do you do modeling as well as animation or is your forte mainly in animation? (: