[project1dev] Re: Hey Gabriel

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:18:29 -0700

Very cool!

We are going to need animation before too long but our demand for models is
a lot higher at the time being so it's nice you are open to all of that
stuff (:

I think you can model in max just fine.  I think Katie works in Max? (i
could be wrong!).

The format that the game uses is milkshape 3d, but milkshape can import
various file types, and most modeling programs can export as various file
types, so as long as you have a way to get from Max to milkshape, you should
be fine (:

Eric or Chris or someone else might be able to help find the route to get
from A to B.

As far as what is reasonable for bones and polys, the goal of our game is
first get it working, then later get it working FAST.  Since we do
functionality before optimization, reasonable things are going to run slow
sometimes.  This also means we dont have a clear answer of what is
reasonable or not reasonable and we are still kind of figuring that out.

clear as mud? lol... hopefully we'll be figuring that out as we move forward
some more (: