[project1dev] Re: Files Added

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 11:09:06 -0700

You did great!

You even added them to the right folder, that's really awesome! (:

I checked em out and there aren't any issues that i see.

Great use of textures vs polys too.  I saw that you used textures for the
screw threads and for the book pages, instead of actually makin geometry for
those, very nice!

You may be surprised but in the game im workin on for work, there was a
section of the game that was running really slow and after they investigated
why, there was a place where there was some nuts and bolts kinda like what
you have, and screws in panels, and they used actual geometry for the screw
tops/threads/ etc! (:

So great job hehe.

The fortune teller map is a REALLY tiny map so we can splurge on geometry
and textures (cause we have the whole map budget to blow on such a tiny
area) but the only thing i'd suggest if that weren't the case, is for the
coin and the washers, if those guys aren't going to get any real "close up"
camera shots is they could probably both be done with a single quad with an
texture on it, using transparency to give it a round edge and a hole in the
middle.

But, like i said we don't need it here, i just wanted to point it out as a
technique in case it comes up some other time (but maybe you already know
this hehe).

Great Job though, these look great, I especially like the books, they look
rad