RE: what is Hex?

  • From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:27:35 -0500

*smile*, wlel actually, if you really want to get down to it ... it can be.

Assembler compiles down to executable instructions to the processor, which
are most often and most easily read in hex.

I used to know almost all of the 8086 instructions and some of their hex
equivalents a while back. It's really useful when analysing exploit and
virus code.

Take care,
Sina