[programmingblind] web page & graphics

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ProgrammingBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 08:33:18 -0700

Blessings, all:

I'm trying to design a web page.  The page is basically a table,
w/info such as catalog number, name of item (which is a link to get
further details), price, & a picture of the item.  The pictures are
photos & vary in size depending on what size the presenter used.  The
picture is the last column in the table.  I'm using Word to make this
web page.  1st, is that the best tool, & 2nd, does anyone have any
insights as to how to prevent &/or detect overlap of the elements?
e.g., I obviously don't want the pictures overlapping the text or vice
versa.  Jaws doesn't let me know there's a graphic there despite
having set it to read all graphics, so, you know, even when I've done
the insert >picture > from file command, I'm not sure it's really even
there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Jackie McBride