Re: vs.net 2005 question:

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:37:13 -0400

I just checked out the TextBox properties in VS 2008 and you are right! No more Binding Source property, if there was one in vs 2005, I don't remember but all the docs mention using it for binding! So another undocumented, major, change in how to do things as you noted. Great! How are we suppose to get any work done when they change up things without big notices? If I was on a contract I'd waste time trying to guess how to handle the problem and clients don't care about MS's manic propencity to change things and provide no, or unfindable, documentation about it. So, give me a few keywords to google so I can research this latest mess. DataSource Binding what did you say Read Class or something and what exactly is the source control called this time? Note: if you already did this for my last post ignore it. I am just confirming what you found about the TextBox BindingSource having been removed, again if it was ever there and I'm pretty sure it was.

Rick Farmington Mich.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>