Re: symbian SDK

  • From: "Lamar Upshaw" <lupshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:13:15 -0800

Thanks for the advice marlon.  I feel a bit foolish, because I didn't think
to check the symbian site.  I got my info from the nokia site.  I'll check
the symbian site, and I'll try to find the reference to GCC compiling
symbian.  I figure if GCC can compile, then most likely G++ can as well,
being from what I have read, symbian is more C++ then C.  So far, I still
feel that minGW should still be able to accomplish what I need for
programming in C++ for symbian.
Again, I apologize for my ignorance, and I don't mean to beet a dead horse
or anything.  This is totally new and exciting for me.

As a side note, I can't upgrade, because I do not own this computer, and the
owner doesn't want it upgraded. She's an older woman who feels, if it ain't
broke, don't fix it! *smile*  It does what she wants it to do, and she'd
rather keep it this way, so she's not thrown or confused with change.  No
matter how much I may disagree with her, it's her machine and she's
graciously allowing me to use it for now, since I'm unable to get my own at
present.  So, I honor her wishes.

With All Respect,
Upshaw, LaMar T