Re: navigating through the intel manuals using adobe reader:quick question

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 10:33:20 -0600

Wow, thanks. that's awesome. I will give it a shot!
On 4/10/2011 10:04 AM, Don Marang wrote:
Converting to plain text either with an external program or directly from the Adobe Readerr menus is normally the easiest solution. If you feel like fighting Reader a bit more, this document sounds like the sections might all be bookmarked (I think that is their term for this feature which already has numerous meanings). To bring up a list of these bookmarks, press F4. It is a toggle and is also available in the View menu.

Press the F6 key to move vetween panes to get focus on the bookmarks pane. You can use the up and down arrows to move through this list. It looks like a Table of Contents and can have several levels. Press Enter on the desired section bookmark to move the document pane to that section. Now press F6 again to return to the document pane. There may be more than two panes open, so the F6 key will cycle through them and you might need to arrow up and down to determine if you are back in the document pane.

*Don Marang*
Vinux Software Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org <http://www.vinuxproject.org/> There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on things that matter.
-- Dean Kamen

On 4/10/2011 10:26 AM, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:
Hello all:
I am trying to work through the intel manuals which are PDF files. I'm having a problem because the contents are not links, and when I want to go to a section I see like 6-2, where a page number should be. Is there a way using jaws or a tool in adobe that would allow me to go to a specific topic?

Ty