Re: help please

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 05:05:22 -0400

Try this Doc: It is from my article series on building websites using VWD and
Sql Server Express.
Rick USA.
B02 HowTo Download And Install VWD 2008 Express Ver01
You should Create a System Restore Point before ever downloading and installing
anything on your machine in case

something goes horribly wrong.

You can paste the below URL into your browser to go to the Microsoft Download
page.
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vwd/
Read any links that describe the product, installation instructions or
PreRequisits.
Then, if you are ready, cursor Down to the following code on the Microsoft
Webpage:
BeginCopiedCode:
Visual Web Developer
English
Visual Web Developer 2008 Download Button
EndCopiedCode:
The above button will fire up the downloader.
When the Download Security Warning comes up click Save to save the installer to
your disc.
vwdsetup
Will be saved to the location you specified.
You can close out everything and click
vwdsetup
To start the Installation to run:
vwdsetup.exe
The Window Titled Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition with Sp1
Setup will come up.
check any optional products if you want and click next.
Check the License Agreement and the installation should proceed as usual
without inturruptions if you did not

check the Optional Products option.

Note: If you checked the optional products checkbox you may have to walk
through that products installation

Dialogs.
This article is only for the clean VWD install without the optional products.
In previous articles we have already downloaded and installed the Sql Server
Express and SMSE.
EndNote:
any of these Microsoft unattended download And Install applications will just
give you a message that the

Download is done and you can disconnect from the internet. But do not be
fooled. The installation is continuing

and may continue for another 5 to 30 minutes depending what you are downloading
with no notification. You can Alt

Tab around if it appears you are stuck to see if another window was opened with
a message but I have never had

any problems using this type of Microsoft installer.
A message will eventually come up telling you are done and to click finish or
asking you to restart the computer.
After the installation you should be able to see Visual Web Developer in the
list of programs under your Desk Top

Start menu after you have completed the installation and restarted your
computer.
It will also appear in  the list of programs in the Control Panel's Add Remove
Programs list of installed

programs.
If you managed to get this far you are pretty much done. I found the
Downloading and installing of the Sql Server

nerve wracking but it did work after I was able to understand, at least a
little, the settings.
If you have the Sql Server running and VWD installed you have a pretty powerful
development environment.
EndOfArticle