editor questions

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 07:59:07 -0800

I am looking for a new text editor.

Has anyone tried the vim editor with jaws or the later Cream exttention to vim? And how well does it seem to work with jaws? I am interested in this editor because I used vi for many years and I know most commands without thinking.

Also has anyone tried the Zeuse editor and how well does it work with jaws? I am interested in this editor because it claims to have Python as its scripting language.

I know Ken uses boxer and it works well with jaws and has a C based scripting language, so it is also a good candidate.

Last but certainly not least, Jamal's EdSharp has some very interesting features, but does it have a scripting language and does it support ctags like many commercial editors?

Richard