Re: edSharp kudos

  • From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 18:44:46 -0600

Thanks Jamal...
Should have read further.
--le

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:08 PM
Subject: RE: edSharp kudos

I do not recall whether the question about brace matching was answered by
EdSharp users on this list.  Below is an excerpt from the EdSharp
documentation.

Jamal

Curly brace characters delimit code structures in a number of languages.
Press Control+B to find the matching right brace (}) character from the
current location.  Press Control+Shift+B for the matching left brace ({)
instead.  Press Alt+B to hear the number of unmatched left braces before
the cursor and right braces after.  Different brace characters may be
configured, e.g., angle brackets (<>) for editing HTML or XML.  If the
cursor is on a brace-type character when issuing one of these commands,
i.e., one of {}<>[]() , then EdSharp uses that character and its opposite
when searching, regardless of the current setting.  In addition,
Control+Shift+. (think of the > symbol) goes to the matching end tag of an
HTML element, and Control+Shift+, goes to the start tag.