RE: dos batch files, java and the universe

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 08:16:13 -0400

I know of one way to not have that happen, but it's memory and resource
intensive.  The shell command can be run inside a batch file with its
own parameters and when that shell exits along with the batch file the
parameters passed to that shell also go away.  The other time people can
get themselves into trouble using shell is by neglecting to make an
environment space large enough to hold what they're loading into that
environment with the -e switch.  It could be Microsoft deprecated the
shell command for use in batch files after dos 6.22, but it did work
then and there.