confused about vmware

  • From: "Kellerer, Georg (LfU)" <Georg.Kellerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 11:54:29 +0200

Hi list,

i wanted to start with virtualization but now i am a bit confused. I
know some of you guys use vmware so i hope you are able to help me. what
exactly do i need to create a virtual machine on my Desktop pc? I just
want to get Ubuntu with Orca running on my System under Winxp pro.
should i use vmware server or which other vmware product would be
useful? I read something about vmware workstation: When exactly do I
need this?

Thanks alot for your help to a novice.
greetings,
Georg