No runtime found for console application

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 13:49:53 -0400

Right now I don't know if visual studio 2008 was installed badly and no
console runtime ever made it onto the system or if only certain targets
or perhaps the earliest dot net target has a console runtime at all.
When I allow the run to protect the computer against viruses and run the
small application which has only one Console.WriteLine line inside of
Sub Main which is inside of Module1, there's no evidence that a program
ever ran.  When I turn the virus protection off though it's only then
that I'm told no runtime could be found to run this program.  I have the
dot net target environment set to 3.5 now and am wondering if lowering
it likely would help or if something else is broken.  It would be
logical if the target environments list would grow or shrink depending
on the type of application being built in visual studio if only some
target environments will work.

Rot47: <;F56]52D9:6==@?2GJ]>:=>