RE: c# - detecting when external program exits from console app

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 23:39:34 -0800

You need to do your Process.wait after and it will wait till it is finished
if you don't want to wait till it is done and want to run it at the same
time I still think you have to wait but you have to pass in a different
option.  I will go test it out.  I know you have to call wait though after
you call start if you want to wait for it to finish.

Ken

  _____

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:40:53 -0500 (EST)
From: Jamal Mazrui <
empower@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: c# - Detecting external process shut down from console
 application

Perhaps I missed it, what are you expecting to happen, what is
 happening
instead, and what error message, if any, are you getting?

Jamal

licenced2chill@xxxxxxxxxxx>

programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Subject: c# - Detecting external process shut down from console
>     application
>
> Hi,
> I've got a console application written in C#.
> I'm launching an external program from my application which is
 working fine but I'd like to be able to detect when the program I've
started
 shuts down.
>   This is the code I've got. i've put it in the main method of the
 app:
>   Process UT2K4 = new Process();
> UT2K4.StartInfo.FileName   = "c:\\ut2004\\system\\ut2004.exe";
> UT2K4.StartInfo.Arguments = "-mod=AudioUT2K4";
> UT2K4.Exited += new EventHandler( app.uT2K4Process_Exited);
> UT2K4.Start();
>   and this is the method for the exit handler:
>   private void uT2K4Process_Exited(object sender, EventArgs e) {
> Console.WriteLine ("ut2k4 shutdown");
> Log.Write("user exited TTS server");
> TTS.Speak("exiting", true);
> }

  _____

Yahoo! Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try
<http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTEydmViNG02BF9TAzIxMTQ3MTcxOTAEc2VjA
21haWwEc2xrA3RhZ2xpbmU> it now.