Re: another java question--method call not working when it should

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 00:19:20 -0300

Hello Alex,
You keep acting the same way you did when you started to use the list,
and I have to keep asking you the same procedures over and over ... so
let me again repeat it: Can you please send the peace of code in which
the error fired on, and can you remember to adopt this procedure in
every programming questions you will for sure have in your learning
process?
This would make things easier for us, because now you probably would
have more people looking at your code and trying to see what might be
going on with it.
To show you an example, I am not a java programmer in a daily basis,
but my feeling based on what you described is that there's a syntax
error somewere which is making the compiler confused. If your code
peace was pasted I would check it and say you what was wrong, or get
quiet if I couldn't see anything strange, instead of writting this
long response that, after all, doesn't help neither you, nor other
folks and nor me.
Please see this as a suggestion, not as a flame, cinse I am writting
this to both help you to post more complete questions in lists and get
faster and more efective responses and us to help you in your issues
with stuff related to programming things.
Thanks
Marlon

2008/3/31, Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>:
> Hi all.  I have a method with return type void, but when I call
> it it says "invalid method declaration; return type required".
> Then, for the same line, it says "<identifier> expected".  Again,
> the method in question is VOID, meaning no return type.  Even
> when I toss in a return statement, returning an int from the
> method in question, it gives me the same errors.  Also, is there
> an easier way to review the list of compiler errors in EdSharp
> than recompiling and listening to them all over again? Thanks.
>
> Have a great day,
> Alex

free."
Linus Torvalds