Xml and Xbrl programming

  • From: "Richard Thomas" <rthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 05:01:43 -0500

Hi Guys:
I am starting to learn xml and xbrl to be specific.
I'm reading everything I can find on the subject as it relates to anything
Visual Studio related.
The general xml is documented, as usual, piecemeal in a thousand places but at
least it is out there.  Xbrl is another matter.  I have found not so much as a
single example of using it with a Vb.net nor C# project.  I want to just read
in the xbrl from the edgar database and then perform analysis on the various
company financial reports.
Does anyone have any experience at all with xbrl and getting the necessary
resources into a Vb or C# project?  Is there a book, article or anything at all
that has any technical examples?
I've spent the better part of 2 days googling and quickly running out of search
ideas.
I called the local Community College but that is also fruitless.  Can anyone
point me to something, classes, books, articles, projects or specialized
prayers to a well connected Saint?
Thanks:
Rick Farmington Mich. USA