Re: Wx.net

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:23:35 +0300

Thank you for the link.

I know that wxWidgets create standard Win32 controls, but I've seen that the
sample programs offered with wx.net are not very accessible when using the
keyboard, because when pressing tab, the focus doesn't move to the next
control. I know that this happends usually when the controls are placed on a
frame directly, without using a panel, but I've seen that the source code of
those programs seem to use a panel...

But I see that your sample is accessible, so I will check which are the
differences.

I was interested in wx.net, because I've seen that WxPerl has some modules that
can allow using a Media Player control, and an ActiveX control for presenting
pdf files, and Flash files and other ActiveX things, but the programs created
with WxPerl consume too much memory.
But now I think that those may be perl things that might not be available in
wx.net, and if I would like to use them, I would need to do everything manually.
I don't know if I am right yet...

Octavian