Re: Windows Question About Default Action

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 07:38:52 -0400

Hi,
XP Professional.

Thanks for any and all help. This is very annoying.

Jim

James D Homme, Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"it is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis." --
Margaret Bonnano

Highmark internal only: For usability and accessibility:
http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/

             "Martin Slack"
             <m.g.slack@ntlwor
             ld.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             programmingblind-                                          cc
             bounce@freelists.
             org                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Windows Question About Default
                                       Action
             07/02/2008 04:38
             PM

             Please respond to
             programmingblind@
               freelists.org

Hi Jim,

  Unfortunately, this part of Windows can be quite flaky.  As you have
discovered, you can make a new entry ok, but when you go back with
improvements to make, you find the critical buttons are all disabled.

  You haven't said which operating system you are using, which may be
relevant.

  It may turn out to be a registry tweak that is now required.  I have
often
found a really thorough Google to be informative in that regard.

  Sorry I have nothing more specific.

  Martin