Re: What's the market for accessible books on programming?

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:30:11 -0700

hi,

I have only the scantest notion of the real market size, the big trouble I believe is not lack of caring, but that there is no one mainly used manual, so the publishers get a batch of single requests spread out over time and location, which amounts to little in there eyes.

a note to the positive, many will if you work persistently to contact them, provide an alternative version of there books to folks for a fair price, some, for students will send a disk of the book for simply sending them a photo copy or fax of the receipt from the college store for the print copy of the book.

I was involved in this a bit when attending local college in my area at that time, which had one of the most excellent disabled student centers I have seen to date, and assisted some of the students with the contact work.

HTH,
inthane
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Martz" <pmartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>