Re: What's the market for accessible books on programming?

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:36:58 -0700

Chris,

your quite correct on the full time business aspect, with the enormity of different books, and the other factors it would fall flat due to lack of "instantly available" work to sell for supporting the endeavor.

now a volunteer group or a NFP (not for profit) setup with little expectations and no restrictions on time except for getting it out before the end of the last semester that the book is being used, might be able to make a go at it, but would take, as you pointed out, a lot of hours to get a single book done, then you would have to find the places that use that book, and would have to start almost all over again every year or so due to "new updated versions" coming out.

take care,
inthane
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>