Visually Arranging Controls in Visual Basic .NET

  • From: "dusty bray" <dusty_bray@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:24:05 -0400

Hey everyone,

i found this VB.NET project on my computer, and i thought maybe someone here could find it helpful.

During my last year of college, a professor asked for my help with a blind student who was having trouble with his VB.NET assignments. The student needed constant assistance because he was unable to arrange the controls on the form by himself. i threw together a set of classes to arrange controls dynamically. My method actually seems to work pretty well: it spaces and groups together controls in a fairly attractive manner, no matter the dimensions of the form. Unfortunately, the student didn?t seem very interested in programming, and the semester ended before they actually tried using my solution.

But if anyone here would like to try it, the sample project is located here:
http://here-i-am.sourceforge.net/UITest.zip
Just add the file UIManager.vb to any project and add code to the Form Load event similar to the sample.

i?m sorry that it?s very thrown together, but maybe someone will find it useful,

dusty.......

Get the device you want, with the Hotmail® you love. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/mobilehotmail/default.mspx?WT.mc_ID=MobileHMTagline