Re: Visually Arranging Controls in Visual Basic .NET

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 21:49:12 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for your efforts in this area, Dusty, as it is certainly an
important one for blind programmers.  Can you elaborate on the
heuristics your code uses to position controls?  Inthane is referring to
the FlowLayoutPanel and TableLayoutPanel containers that were introduced
in the .NET 2.0 Framework.  They can be used to good advantage for
positioning controls automatically without having to specify pixel
coordinates.  The Dock, Anchor, and AutoSize properties also help in
sizing and positioning controls in an acceptable visual manner without
either eyesight or tedious arithmetic calculations.

FYI -- Your approach seems similar to one I developed in the AutoIt
language.  "Layout by Code" is available at
http://www.EmpowermentZone.com/lbc.zip

Regards,
Jamal