Re: VB.DOT NET Maths Question

  • From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 23:04:46 +1000

    HI.
tried that, and still got errors.
So here's the error window.
cheers Marvin.

Error 1 Declaration expected.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

11 1 Bowling
Error 2 Statement cannot appear outside of a method body.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

14 1 Bowling
Error 3 'End Function' must be preceded by a matching 'Function'.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

15 1 Bowling
Error 4 Character is not valid.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

18 14 Bowling
Error 5 Name 'FindAverage' is not declared.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

68 30 Bowling
Error 6 Name 'GameOneInteger' is not declared.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

68 42 Bowling
Error 7 Name 'GameTwoInteger' is not declared.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

68 58 Bowling
Error 8 Name 'GameThreeInteger' is not declared.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

68 74 Bowling
Error 9 Name 'GameOneInteger' is not declared.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

69 40 Bowling
Error 10 Name 'GameTwoInteger' is not declared.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

69 56 Bowling
Error 11 Name 'GameThreeInteger' is not declared.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

69 72 Bowling
Error 12 Name 'GameOneInteger' is not declared.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

70 44 Bowling
Error 13 Name 'GameTwoInteger' is not declared.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

70 60 Bowling
Error 14 Name 'GameThreeInteger' is not declared.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

70 76 Bowling
Error 15 'tbHighGameTextBox' is not a member of 'Bowling.frmBowling'.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

77 17 Bowling
Error 16 Argument not specified for parameter 'index' of 'Public ReadOnly
Default Property Chars(index As Integer) As Char'.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

77 43 Bowling
Error 17 'tbSeriesTextbox' is not a member of 'Bowling.frmBowling'.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

78 17 Bowling
Error 18 'tbHandicapTextBox' is not a member of 'Bowling.frmBowling'.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

79 17 Bowling
Error 19 'NameTextBox' is not a member of 'Bowling.frmBowling'.
C:\DOCS\Tafe\CertificateFourProgramming\CertFour\Programming\VisualBasic\Book\VisualBasicProgramming\ChapterFive\Example\Bowling\Bowling\frmBowling.vb

126 18 Bowling

ps: only the function calls, i am having problems.
will have to go and look at my text box names, and correct that.
sorry about that.