Using SA to Go for remote desktop access

  • From: "Macarty, Jay {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:13:38 -0500

All,

Just a little trick I stumbled across recently. I needed to perform some file
permission maintenance on a remote machine which didn't have any screen reader
software installed. I went to Remote desktop on my workstation and logged into
the remote machine. Once connected, I pressed windows+r to get the popup dialog
and then entered www.satogo.com<http://www.satogo.com> and pressed enter. In a
few seconds, I had speech prompting me to press alt+r to complete the install.
I logged into my SA account (which is optional) and was able to use SA on the
remote machine to get the file maintenance done. The response was just a touch
sluggish but not bad at all.

Just thought I would pass that along.