RE: Unix Command Help

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:41:44 -0400

You could try:
Ls --recursive *.php | less <cr>
The last part of that command | less sends the output of ls --recursive
or ls -R through a pipe (|) and into less at the other end.  The less
command prints out directories and file names sent to it but unlike ls,
less stops after a screenful of output until a user hits the space bar
and then shows the next screen of output.  An alternative to ls is li
which may have more capabilities.  You could try which li to see if it's
on the machine.

On 2010-08-19, at 10:03 AM, DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26