Re: The top three big problems: Better Speech Reading

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:07:55 -0300

Hello,
I think this is dangerous. I personally would not like to have a
solution set this way, but I will give a hint which is not dependant
on my personal preferenses.
If you set reading this way, a new programmer would have trouble
learning sintax. I won't discuss if this is or isn't good, but such
aproach would be modifying the way the programming language is
presented to the blind person. A sigted person will see a * sign, a
blind would hear a multipily word.
This kind of tools HAVE TO BE OPTIONAL, one have tthe right of reading
the same thing a sighted person is seeing.
Note that every other suggestions I gave doesn't modify the way the
language is presented, as the suggestions of Velipeca do.
Tools that will make navegation equivalent for blinds and sighted
people can be implemented, tools that will arbitrarely modify the way
the programming language are presented SHOULD be implemented at
maximum as a set of optional tools, and not be turned on by default.
Marlon

2007/10/13, Veli-Pekka Tätilä <vtatila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

free."
Linus Torvalds