Re: The PHP Environment and Accessibility

  • From: "Nirandas" <nirandas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:31:08 +0530

Hi Rick,
I develop php sites on Windows. There are packages available for Windows like
XAMPP  and WAMP which install all required tools ( no IDE) for developing php
applications. My favorite is WAMP. Download it from
http://www.wampserver.com/en/
I don't use any ides for php, notepad is enough for most of the time. Also
download the latest php5 documentation in chm format from php.net. Very useful
for quick reference.
http://www.php.net/download-docs.php
After installation, the apache root will be localhost/. if you don't run iis
also it is not a problem. And your vs installation and wamp can also run side
by side without any problem.

Yes. php is used in Business layer, UI layer and every where. Unlike asp.net
the php code is directly inserted inside the html code. For example,

<head>
<title> Sample page </title>
</head>
<?php echo "Hello from Nirandas!";?>

Templating engines like smarty can be used to separate html design from code.

 Nirandas