RE: Some stories

  • From: "Humberto Rodriguez" <sub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:02:42 -0500

Laura:

You have brought back memories!

I remember I had a Vert Plus synthetizer way back when.  It is probably
still in a box somewhere.  I remember it spoke clearly at the time, but it
was s-l-o-w.  I don't exactly remember what I used it with.  I began using
Jaws around 1989 or 1990, in its DOS 1.0 version.  Those were the days when
you could pick up the phone and talk to Ted Henter in Saint Pete.  I had
several hardware synthetizers over the years, including I remember, one made
in New Zealand, but don't remember the make.  I have used only software
synthetizers lately.

Screen readers have really come a long way, although lately, my VFW 9.0
seems to be getting stuck way too often.

I also began with Arkenstone way before Open Book, but don't remember even
what they used to call their early versions.

Kind Regards,

Bert