RE: Step-By-Step Programming Tutorials From The Keyboard?

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:14:54 -0700

Hi there,

There are numerous tutorials on the Internt which are useful for allowing
blind individuals to learn to program using a keyboard. One of them, if you
are interested in C++, is an online book called “C++: A Dialog” by Steve
Heller. This online teaches you necessary syntax rules and other C++
language using a collection of interactive dialogs (not dialog boxes, just
conversations) with a novice C++ pfogrammer named Susan (who is Steve’s wife
now).

Another book that I found was a book called “Javanotes 5.0.2” by David Eck.
This online book is designed for folks who are interested in learning Java
using the latest version of the programming standard (form son Micro
Systems). This book also explains some handy programming terms such as
subroutine.

Well, as I’ll write in my “introduction” post, I’m just a college freshman
at University of California, Riverside majoring in computer science. Mostly
I gather necessary programming knowledge using online books (or some books
from Bookshare such as Practical C++ Programming by Steve Oualline).

Cheers,

Joseph