Re: Sharepoint Administration Accessibility

  • From: "Young Choi" <young.choi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 23:16:04 -0700

SharePoint has 3 parts: SQL, Active directory and SharePoint itself. Even in browser part, it can be divided into system admin and content makeup. Depending on the size of your organization, those parts may be combined. Active directory and SQL tools are fairly accessible. SharePoint browser part is also accessible, however, composing content is totally different matter.

It can be just a simple task from creating a document library or setting up a page based on a template to developing a webpart or creating complex pages according to business logic using .net languages. A good place to check is:

http://www.wssdemo.com

make sure to "Turn on more accessible mode". That's always the first link if you use a screen reader.

Good luck,
Young

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Squires" <squires@xxxxxxxxxxxx>