Re: Need help finding a free or paid course

  • From: Jesse Tregarthen <jessetregarthen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 17:39:25 -0700

Hello Frank,

I don't know of any course but the inventors of C, Dennis Ritchie and
Brian Kernighan, wrote a book called the C Programming Language. I'm
not sure if that is the format of learning you work with but they
cover a lot about the language and it is a great source as they
created the C programming language to begin with. Hope this helps. If
there are any courses for programming that are accessible with JAWS, I
would be interested as well. I tried Codecademy but not sure how
accessible it is. Best,
Jesse Tregarthen

On 12/7/15, Frank <magicfrankie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me find a C programming course that would be
easy to follow using a screen reader.

About 20 years ago I completed basic courses in VB and C SO have some
experience with programming languaes.

However, 20 years ago I had about 60% of sight in one eye but now I have
less than 1% in that eye and now I rely on my screen reader of choice which
is Window Eyes.

So, can someone recommend a good C course in ebook format or html format or
pdf format.

It would be great to hear other people's experiences on learning to program
while blind and using a screen reader.

Kind Regards,

Frank

--
Message composed using the JAWS screen reader from Freedom Scientific