Re: Need Help Finding Programming Job

  • From: "Bob J." <rjustice004@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 10:57:18 -0700

Brent,

I have personally seen the VA hire people into programming positions who
have NO programming experience.  The VA uses many software products (think
Microsoft) along with MUMPS (sometimes called just M).  They commonly train
new programming hires to do things their way and MUMPS is easy to learn for
anyone with previous programming experience.  They sometimes allow
telecommuting.  They have been known to occasionally pay relocation
expenses.

Best wishes,

Bob