Re: Microsoft Visual Studio

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 06:58:40 -0400

Darragh: It is not a matter of the information not being useful. It is a matter of simply telling me what you are posting and why. The subject line does not state anything about jaws, Freedom Scientific and so I opened the post because I use VS. Then, instead of a line or two telling me what the forwarded message was about and what the poster wanted done I had to read it with all it's dashes and other stuff just to find out it was irrelevant to anything I might be interested in. Good list manners should include a What and Why in an opening sentence or two and a much better crafted subject title. I am in favor, of course, of contacting FS in regards to this subject but am trying to help the poster build better messages that folks with little time for relaxation reading of general, nondescript, issues can avoid. Thus, a good subject line and introductory sentence or two is essential for posting on professional lists where they are not so necessary on social lists.

Hope this makes sense.
Rick USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Darragh Ó Héiligh" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>