Re: Line Formatting

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 12:21:25 -0400

Hi: Well I am not sure about the old vb 6 code methods but I tried to code up a simple block to just loop through the RTF TextBox and create a Document with lines of 25 characters with a line feed and carige return at the end of each line. I did not test out this code nor even check it for syntax errors since I am running VB 2008 but you can do that by printing out the lines and making sure they are correct. Here is some code I would start with, test it a couple of RTF Documents and make sure it is working. My indices are usually 0 based so it might be diferent but the following is where I would start to keep it simple. What I want it to do is to loop until all the contents of the RTF TextBox have been read. The ndx variable is bumped by 25 characters on each iteration of the loop. The last time it will be larger than the length of the RTF TextBox and the loop will end. Every time the loop is executed we want to pick off the next 25 characters from the Rich Text Box, add them into a temporary line, add the VbCrlf or whatever line end you want and then add that formatted line into the new formatted document.

Private Sub mnuFormatBraille_Click()
Dim FormattedDocument As String = ""
Dim ndx As Integer = 1
While ndx < Len(docform.rtfText.Text)
Dim FormattedLine As String = _
Mid$(docform.rtfText.Text,ndx,25)
FormattedDocument = FormattedDocument & FormattedLine &  vbCrLf
ndx = ndx + 25
End While
End Sub
You need to check the syntax, the start of ndx, should it be 1 or 0, and make sure that adding 25 to it will pick up the next desired character from the RTF TextBox document but this might give you an idea of how I might attack this piece of code in a VB orientated app.
Rick USA
    * From: * programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx