RE: Information about talks and screen readers for mobile devices

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:40:01 -0400

Well, freelists.org has blindphones you could join.  blindphones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
and you can start the sign up process with //www.freelists.org by putting
blindphones in the search box.  Hth.

-----Original Message-----
From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Øyvind Lode
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 10:32
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Information about talks and screen readers for mobile devices

Hi

Talks and Mobile Speak are the 2 most popular screen readers.
Talks runs on Symbian phones and Mobile Speak supports both Symbian and
Windows Mobile.

I'm looking for a new phone myself.
I currently use Talks, but I'm currently considering moving over to Mobile
Speak.

I have some questions and I thought of subscribing to one of the blind
mobile mailing lists, but I can't find the subscription address at the
moment.
I'll post the addresses as soon as I dig them up.