Re: How accessible is Eclipse

  • From: Jared Stofflett <stofflet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 18:22:42 -0400

The short answer is yes, the longer answer is yes with some acceptions. I've used eclipse a lot, as well as products based on it. Things like code editing, stepping through code in a debugger, and viewing variables work fine. Other visual things like GUI designers and UML diagrams don't work with Jaws. What system are you guys looking at using?

Tom Shults wrote:
Hi all,

I have occasionally noticed questions on this list relating to Eclipse.
Since I do not use it, I have not read them very much.  Now we are looking
at a debugger and language system at work which apparently uses Eclipse as
the IDE.  Is Eclipse fairly usable with Jaws?

thanks for any comments.

Tom