Re: How accessible is Eclipse

  • From: "Tom Shults" <TPShults@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 16:22:48 -0700

Jared,

Thanks for your reply.  That sounds very promising.  I would be using
Eclipse mainly for editing, compiling and debugging.  Other things like UML
and GUI programming are not involved.

We will be using Eclipse, or some other tool, to develop firmware for an
Atmel microcontroller.  The language tools come from Atmel.  The debugger
runs via a BDM link, which is similar to JTag.

I will download the sample tools this week at work.

Thanks again,
Tom