Re: Game writing in Python

  • From: "Tyler Littlefield" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 07:45:34 -0700

hello,
A quick google might turn up the tutorial you want, and I believe it comes with
a tutorial.
I recommend buliding things that will need to be inherited as separate classes.
So, you could make a base weapon class, and then inherit that when you make
swords, guns, etc. Same with armor. If you really want to make it easy, make an
Object class that defines the base types of objects, then build your weapon on
that, etc. Then you can use something like an array of objects to store all
classes that inherit that class.

Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
Web: tysdomain.com
email: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My programs don't have bugs, they're called randomly added features.