Game writing in Python

  • From: BlueScale <bluescale1976@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 09:37:12 -0500

Hi,
I would like to write an RPG in Python.  I want it to be a sound and
feature ritch as soundrts, and I have started learning about the pygame
library.  The questions I have are, does anyone know of a good pygame
tutorial with lots of focus on sound?  Also, I plan to make the
characters based off of a character class.  Would it be best to create
seperate classes for weapons and armor and spells too?  Or, should I
have that kind of stuff as part of the blank character class?  I plan on
making this open source, so I want to get started in the right
direction.  It's mainly going to be a game for Linux.  Linux is some
what lacking in games for the blind, so far I havve found soundrts and
audioquake, but that's it, and audioquake won't even work for me.  So, I
would like to get this RPG up and running, andy advice for how I should
go about coding different aspects is welcome.  If anyone wants to work
with me on it or would like to talk to me directly I am on aim as
bluescale1976.
Thanks