Re: FreeDB

  • From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 04:04:35 -0500

Wow, so you're saying it already has a music database built up for download.
Isn't this piracy? (Of course everyone copies files, but this seems like a
major operation.)  I say this because I recently spent money on a couple of
collections from Time Life that I'd like to rip onto my computer. It was not
cheap but I have listened to it and like the selections.  I am of the opinion
that good artistry should be rewarded and if you like a piece of music it is a
good thing to pay for it -- but as I said, we all copy stuff off the net.  Just
musing.
That also brings me to the subject of audio described movie soundtracks, which
are available freely for download on the net if you know where to look, but are
copyrighted.  I have a bunch of them that people have given me, but I handle
the piracy issue this way: I listen to the movies and if I like them I order a
copy of the full DVD from AudioVision for my collection, otherwise if the movie
stinks, I delete it.
Just a thought. Comments?
Anyway, thanks for the link.
--le