RE: Eclipse! Don't we all?

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:58:43 -0400

Hi,
According to me, you would just figure out which keystrokes do the mouse
functions the tutorial talks about and go from there. The only thing that you
might need to get the hang of, as Ken said, is the terminology they use. The
way I remember it is that the smallest thing is an editor. Outside that is a
view, which is a box of things. One of them can be an editor. Outside that is a
perspective, which is a box of views. Outside that is the work space. Outside
that is the workbench, which is the whole GUI thing.

As far as key strokes go, once again, think from small to big. Control F6
switches forward between editors. Control F7 switches forward between views.
Control F8 switches forward between perspectives. You just add Shift to those
to go backward. You can go a long way on just those key strokes.