Re: Eclipse! Don't we all?

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:47:34 -0600

I've been putting off learning more of java for some time. Today I got a wild hair, went and downloaded the jdk and eclipse again and got going. I looked at Jim's tutorial to kind of give me a kick-start; those were very well written. The only thing I noticed is you mix up your keystrokes. for example control+shift sometimes becomes control+alt. I don't want to nit-pick, just figured it might be useful for you to know.

On 6/20/2011 11:55 AM, Ken Perry wrote:
The version of eclipse you get depends on what your doing with it.  For
example if your writing Android apps find out what the android sdk suggests.
The most important command to know when getting started is control-shift-l
it lists all the other commands.  If you're on a mac its cmd-shift-l but it
does the same thing.  From there you should be able to get started. One
thing you might want to read up on is the difference between workspaces and
perspectives and the usage of both.  If you can understand that you're  a
long way on becoming a eclipse genius.

ken