Drupal query

  • From: Dónal Fitzpatrick <dfitzpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 11:30:10 -0000

Folks,

having a very weird problem with a Drupal site.  I have installed and
configured it on  localhost running apache 2.2.  I need to add files to the
site, however I seem to be getting the "404" error all the time.

Here's the procedure I adopted:

1.  copied the files into the "/sitename/files" directory;
2.  added a very simple link like the following into my Drupal page:

I have tried adding one, and indeed two "."s before it the link just to see
what happens.  It is caused by files of all types which makes me wonder if
it is a server, rather than a Drupal issue?

Any thoughts appreciated, I'm pulling my hair out with this one...

Dónal