Re: Documentation was: Re: Which Python Book?

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:42:43 -0400

Susan has been thanked and the books will be mailed off when she gets home from work.

Susan is also a board member at League for Programming Freedom (www.progfree.org)and has been involved with FSF and LPF for about a million years in about a million different projects

She and rms are also quite friendly and she's also very much part of the Cambridge underground hacker crowd even though she hasn't written a program since she took a Pascal class at Harvard. Susan's an attorney and we tend to need them pretty often <grin>..

Sort of related: Do any of you blind programmers live in the Boston area? Do you believe enough in Project GNU (www.gnu.org) to represent me at a conference in May? It's a reguinal event and, because we are driving to Boston in mid-June, I really do not want to pay for round trip airfare and a hotel only to repeat the process in New Jersey a few months later.

HH,
cdh