Re: Cygwin, JAWS and NVDA

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Øyvind Lode <oyvind@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 19:24:03 -0500

Interesting, and credit to NVDA -- thanks for sharing that.

Jamal

On 2/13/2011 12:13 PM, Øyvind Lode wrote:
I have no luck with plink.
I can login but I can't use Emacs, nano etc on the Linux machine.
When I start Emacs I only see garbage on the Braille display and JAWS is
speaking all the garbage.
One line looks like this: [A [2d [?12l [?25h [?12;25h

I'm getting used to the quirks with Cygwin and OpenSSH in the Console (cmd.exe).
The strange thing is that cursor tracking only breaks when logged in to some
Linux hosts.
Some work just fine.
And if I open a Cygwin Bash Shell and invoke Emacs or Nano locally it works
perfectly.
So why JAWS has issues with cursor tracking on some Linux machines and some
work just fine is beyond me.
I guess I'll never find out why...

But when I use NVDA to read the consoles everything is ok.
NVDA reads all console windows perfectly regardless whether I'm working locally
or remotely on a Linux machine.
And regardless of which Linux machine I'm logged into...