Re: BrailleNote Checkbook project

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:02:45 -0400

This is correct, and is quite unfortunate. The plan is to make a
program that will work with the pc, yet offers an interface similar to
that of keysoft. Eventually, we may offer exporting to csv or other
bn-compatible formats for use on the bn's database manager, but the
program will be intended for the pc primarily. As Joseph said, if
there ever is an sdk released by hw, the program would be ported over,
but I do not see that happening anytime soon.

On 8/17/10, Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Last I heard Humanware was pretty explicit in that there'd be no SDK for
> anyone not named Sendero. The fathomless bounds of such  ignorance  I'll
> leave for another post. That said, is  there any reason for optimism
> that  this may not always be the case? I nagged Humanware back when they
> were PUlsedata about the SDK. I guess about 2007 I got tired of asking.
>
> On 08/17/2010 11:58 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
>> Hi fellow programmers,
>> I and Alex hall are interested in creating KeySoft version of Blazie
>> notetakers' Checkbook software. The tentative plan is to use technology
>> used
>> on Money Talks or similar programs and use KeySoft interface on top of it.
>> In software terms:
>> * Create a class called "check" that will encapsulate an int of check
>> number, double for check amount and strings for recipient and comments.
>> * Perhaps create a container class called bank account that will have a
>> vector or an array of checks, as well as bank name and a history of
>> checks.
>> * Get user input, pressing ENTER on each prompt and storing user values in
>> the check object.
>> * Allow users to move between items in a checkbook history records.
>> As always, we need heolp from seasoned programmers - most for those who
>> are
>> C+= or Java programmers to help us out with this project. Our plan is to
>> first create a desktop console app (mostly to simulate using Checkbook on
>> KeySoft), then port this to BrailleNote if the SDK is ever released. We
>> are
>> basing this program on Excel Mobile workbook created for PAC Mate users
>> which simulates writing and storing check records. any assistance with
>> this
>> project would be appreciated (we'll give you credit in the documentation).
>> Thanks for your considerations.
>> Sincerely,
>> Joseph s. Lee
>> University of California, Riverside